FantaCon 2013 Friends & Fiends
A Few of the Folks I’ll Be Tabling With at FantaCon…
* Carl Antonowicz is a graduate of the Center for Cartoon Studies, Texan, and ferret enthusiast. He tweets incessantly (@cantocomix), tumblrs occasionally (http://thulsadude.tumblr.com), and blogs rarely (http://cantocomics.wordpress.com). He lives in White River Junction, VT, where he is working on the next part of his existential/horror/romance graphic novel The Black Dog and the Hole at the Heart of the World.
* Randall Drew is a Vermont Cartoonist with a NY soul! From the Capital Region of NY, he is a 2010 graduate of the Center For Cartoon Studies in WRJ, VT where he continues to live and work. A printer by day, he works on his fantasy web comic Citadel by night. He has illustrated for books; interior and cover art, album art for musicians and bands out of the video game arrangement community OcRemix.org, and is currently co-editing a Super Nintendo themed comics and art anthology called Beyond Mode 7 with fellow CCS graduate Jesse Durona, to be released in early 2014! www.randalldrew.com
* Allison Bannister writes, “I am a graduate student pursuing an MFA in Cartoon Studies. I spend my time writing, drawing, playing the guitar, watching netflix and playing tabletop RPGs with my friends. I am a person who must create. I cartoon, illustrate, film short screenplays, write songs, and tell stories.” She makes great comix—which will be in reach this weekend—and will also be selling some tasty dinosaur teas (that she designed the labels for) and snacks at the FantaCon table. Her blog/site Basic Telepathy is at http://basictelepathy.com/
* Jesse DuRona is a cartoonist living in the green mountain state, and a 2011 graduate from the Center for Cartoon Studies. His style has been described as “cute and creepy.” He enjoys making comics that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages! His work can be found at www.therealdurona.com
* Denis St. John creates homemade horror comics. His first graphic novel, Amelia, was finished in 2012 and is available on his etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/denisstjohn
Since Amelia he has been working on other comics, including a web horror story called The Legend of the Loup Garou; Bingo Baby, a collaborative graphic novel created with other Center For Cartoon Studies alumni and Jason Lutes; and a monster fan zine series with Steve Bissette called Monster Pie! More info is available at his blog, denisstjohn.blogspot.com and tumblr monstersandgirls.tumblr.com
(Psssssst: Denis will be rolling out The Legend of the Loup-Garou, a 32-page horror comic, at FantaCon 2013. It’s about two sisters from New Orleans going to the swamp and finding out the legend of the cajun werewolf, Loup-Garou, that hunts down and eats lapsed Catholics is far more than a myth. Denis says, “Full of violence and strangeness, this comic reads like a cross between a pre-code horror comic and a 70′s exploitation flick!” I’ve seen it in the works over the past year, and it lives up to that ballyhoo, Bunky!)
* Ian Richardson is a horror cartoonist and a recent graduate of the Center for Cartoon Studies. He lives in New England where horror stories tend to write themselves. Ian can be found at: http://solidempty.tumblr.com
and sometimes at: https://twitter.com/SaltyRound
* Christopher “Radical” Warren is a cartoonist. He writes weird fiction.
He is a New England native and is currently alive. Flamejob.net
Also debuting at our table at FantaCon 2013:
Bingo Baby is debuting at FantaCon and SPX simultaneously!
This 72-page collaborative graphic novel is the first Penny Lantern project—created by a group of CCS alumni and guided by Jason Lutes! The story was created through an improve story telling game and centers around the down and out exploits of the residents of a small Vermont town, dealing with crime, bingo, babies, and more!
Monster Pie #2!
Steve Bissette and Denis St. John co-created this monster fan zine! This 80-page giant features page after page of monster illustrations, movie reviews, comics, and more! Every monster kids out there will find something to love in this truly monstrous mag!
* Very Limited Supplies:
* Dog City 2 will be simultaneously debuting at SPX and FantaCon 2013—but we’ll have very few to sell at FantaCon, folks. The amazing new anthology boxed-comix bonanza, including Bissette‘s latest minicomic San(d) Papel—first come, first served.
* Thanks to Tim Paxton, we’ll have a few copies of Weng’s Chop #0-3 at the table, but really, supplies will be very limited—first come, first served. When they’re gone, they’re gone!
All cover images and artwork ©2012, 2013 respective creator(s), all rights reserved; posted with permission